Software Architect (80-120k)September 13, 2019
Our client provides end to end IT solutions that include communications infrastructure and network systems, electrical systems installation and Power back up solutions. We leverage on cutting edge innovative products and services to ensure technology is an enabler for your business.
- Design and maintain a continuous delivery platform infrastructure that allows for rapid automated application testing and deployments, and work with a team of engineers to build AWS infrastructure as code that is:
- highly available
- Fully-orchestrated and dockerized
- elastic, low cost, low consumption, high performance
- fully versioned through Bitbucket and Code-commit
- Coordinating with an Engineering team to automate the build, test and deployment of applications in an agile Software development life cycle
- Automate monitoring of servers and applications and alerting when issues arises
- Participate in engineering hackathons and on-call rotations for first responder and escalation tiers.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Deliver software within assigned time limits and according to company’s standards
- Deliver high quality software that accurately meets specifications.
- Maintain clear and up to date software documentation
- Other tasks that might be assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Foundation and working knowledge in Cloud Computing (AWS, AZURE, DIGITAL OCEAN) with knowledge and or experience in implementing cloud security best practices such as Identity and Access Management (IAM) features such as Roles, Users, Groups, Policies, Federated Access and Multi-Factor Authentication.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Software development
- In-depth understanding of computer programming, data structures, algorithms, techniques and SDLC
- Well rounded knowledge of back-end, front-end and android development practices.
- Experience in developing J2EE applications using Spring Framework
- Experience is using SQL based database management systems. Experience in using PostgreSQL will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a team
- Immaculate attention to detail and dedication to coherency
- Desire to help others in critical situations
- Cope with pressure and extensive periods of high workload. Remains calm under adverse circumstances, while still being able to manage priorities and tasks
- Hands-on approach in executing tasks
- Must be honest and have integrity
- Be passionate and persistent
- Passion for poverty alleviation and/or using technology for good
- Process and data-driven – process flows, KPIs and metrics make you happy
- Empathetic leader – your EQ is at least as high as your IQ
- The fast (sometimes chaotic) pace of a start-up environment is your comfort zone
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their CV stating their current salary to email@example.com quoting the job title, “Software Architect” on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.