STRATEGIC INFORMATION (SI) OFFICER AT University of MarylandFebruary 23, 2018
VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT – STRATEGIC INFORMATION (SI) OFFICER
Position:** Strategic Information Officer
Reports to:** Strategic Information (SI) Advisor
Location:** Kisii, Kenya.
Purpose: Overall Job Function
The Strategic Information Officer will primarily be responsible for supporting HIV-related data management at University of Maryland’s supported facilities in Kisii County.
S/he will mentor site data clerks in management of patient records and information and report generation.
S/he will be attached to a TA team and will be responsible for health facilities under that TA team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Routine data management including data collection, collation, analysis and reporting;
- Provide specialized training to facility and other partner staff in Health Information Systems including IQCare and other databases
- Provide IT Support and data analysis training to health facility staff with focus on use of IQCare
- Ensure that all national HIV related tools are available in supported facilities and health care workers are mentored to use them appropriately
- Support facility teams to ensure timely reporting
- Conduct data quality control/assurance activities
- Provide mentorship to site data clerks on HIV related M&E systems
- Manage project databases and generate reports for donor reporting and project management and
- Develop SQL queries and related activities
- Bachelor’s degree in HMIS, IT/Computer Science/IS, Public Health Informatics, Statistics or Mathematics
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with HIV data systems
- STATA/SPSS certification (optional)
- Strong analytical skills Advanced computer skills including advanced excel, MS access,
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 24th February 2018. Applicants are advised to include the position title “STRATEGIC INFORMATION (SI) OFFICER” as the subject.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.